The Business of Love

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Supply & Demand Part 2

My frustrations in the dating game continued for quite some time. Since I was limiting supply, I should have seen increased prices because of scarcity. It wasn't until I evaluated my assumptions that I saw the fatal flaw in my original model.

Assumptions

In my original model I had assumed that a demand curve already existed for the product (that would be me). However, with the failure of my model I saw that a demand curve is not inherent to every situation. Therefore, I had to build a demand curve for the product.

Building the Demand Curve

To accomplish this goal I decided that I needed to do a little marketing. For me, this involved increasing my social exposure. The ladies aren't going to demand a product they don't know about. So I started visiting the ladies, saying hi, always knowing their names, going to parties, and taking just about every opportunity to get noticed.

To Test or Not To Test?

This is the current phase of execution right now. I am still building demand for the product, but I am not sure if I should start decreasing supply or continuing to build demand. I guess I am afraid the model might still be flawed and I am not sure I want to have another failed model. So readers, sound off in the comments section and let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I find you, at most, amusing. a welcome distraction when I should be doing homework. wow...and I just looked at your post about scary movies. Question: did you read A Tale of Two Cities and how did you feel about the character Lucie?
    haha, in spite of the fact that I find this all pretty ridiculous you have successfully held my attention for a good 20 minutes and I'm curious as to why you started this.
    oh and even better....the comments.
    oops I overlooked that there are two of you...wow. I'm not being mean; tone is often created in people's minds that does not, in any way, reflect my intention. I am genuinely amused.
    I'm looking forward to brand name and generic...it sounds like a party. (ok, that might have been a little sarcastic...but in a good way)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home